Salisbury Plain Danger Area
Members of the Avon HG & PG Club may, with permission, fly
through the two areas known as the "Upton Triangle" and "Cow
Down" at the western end of the Salisbury Plain Danger Area.
- The Upton Triangle extends from the westernmost point of
Salisbury Plain Danger Area to easting 87
- Cow Down covers the 1km strip from easting 87 to easting 88
In the event of any unplanned landings on the MOD estate, Salisbury
Plain Air Ops is to be notified immediately on 01980 674710/674730.
If SP Air Ops is closed contact the Range Ops Room 01980 674951/
- Activation requests can only be made by authorised members
of the Avon HG&PG Club between certain hours:
- Monday - Friday: 0800-1700
- Weekends & Bank Holidays: Before 1200 on the last working day prior to the weekend / holiday
- For weekend flying you will need to PLAN IN ADVANCE!
- Once you have phoned one of the Avon reps they will text you back and tweet (@avonairspace) to confirm activation status
- NB. DO NOT ASSUME THAT ACTIVATION WILL BE GRANTED!
Avon HGPG Club Reps
NB. Please don't always call the same person!
- Mike Humphries - 07534970743
- Chris Jones - 07966 170014
- James Lynch - 07816816359
- Tony Moore - 07775 692309
- Tim Pentreath - 07905 271114
- Nicholas Somerville - 07891 921651
This information is also reproduced on the Bath Gap crib sheet. Download it here. The full agreement is here.
This page last updated: 30th March, 2012
© Avon Hang Gliding & Paragliding Club, 1997-2013